Monday, June 9, 2014

166: BO's Non-American Father

We all suffer because BO did not have an American father.  As I thought about D-Day last weekend, and watched different observances, I realized that there is no way in hell that BO can sense any connection with huge chunks of American history.  There is simply no male figure in his life who could pass these memories and values on to him.  In my own life, I remember:  at age 6 or 7 looking at pictures of the aircraft carrier my father was on in WW II which had just been hit by a kamikaze; as an adolescent wearing different remnants of my father's navy uniform; as a pre-teen going to Sink The Bismark with my father; as an adult, going to Saving Private Ryan with my father; and in his nineties, my Dad often reflected on the tremendous loss of life that occurred in both of the world wars, and given the then current state of affairs in the world, wondered if that loss had been worthwhile.

BO had none of this.  I would guess that many of his inner circle have a similar dearth of connections because, after all, we usually seek out similar types.

My advice to younger voters:  When you're voting for a president of our country, think about what the person you're voting for has learned from his or her parents.

No comments: