Friday, December 5, 2014

183: In General, Not Exclusively

As I watch the current media circus surrounding Ferguson and NYC police issues, I am struck by my own stereotypical beliefs, based completely on my own personal observations and experiences.  Oftentimes I developed these beliefs against what I actually wanted to believe.  But direct personal experience always trumps fantasy.  The following statements are all preceded with the qualifier, "In general."  I am NOT saying "always" or "exclusively" or "absolutely." 

Car salesmen are liars.

Lawyers are arrogant.

Police are power hungry and insecure.

Black persons who have been beneficiaries of affirmative action are incompetent.

Politicians are self-serving and greedy.

Journalists report their own opinions, rather than facts.

Government bureaucrats are inefficient and incompetent.

Women in business make decisions based on emotions rather than logic.




No comments: