Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Twenty Three: Clinton Media Bias

Call me crazy, but as a keen observer of politics, I cannot understand how anyone who is even remotely interest in, or has casually followed the Clinton/Obama race, can deny that there is a palpable bias among the media in favor of the Clintons. I mean just look at the number of pictures in various mainstream media of Clinhton versus Obama. Even though Obama has been the delegate leader for several months now, Hillary is treated as the front runner. Her incessant bleating about her "experience," even when said experience turns out to be manufactured, is treated with kid gloves. Even her real experience, which is scant and really no greater than Obama's, recieves no scrutiny.

Perhaps the media, like so many other intellectually flaccid Americans, yearn for the good old Clinton days (I did not have sex with that woman; The cleaning people must have taken the billing records; The pardons had nothing to do with the campaign contributions; The health care task force needs to be secret because only Hillary, and the people she chooses, are fit to make decisions about America's health care; It depends on what your definition of "is" is; I would have bombed Libya anyway, even if I were not under the threat of impeachment; the list goes on ad nauseum). I guess I have answered my own question here. The media, like lawyers, needs conflict and uncertainty and controversy. The media (probably rightly) thinks Hillary will give us all three.

No comments: