Wednesday, November 9, 2016

221: Why Are Dems So Gullible?

At breakfast this morning, a dear friend of mine said, "Betsy DeVos (nominee for Secretary of Ed under Trump) had contributed $9.5 million to Trump."  Although I already knew my friend to be a hopelessly brainwashed Democrat dependent on government largess due to irresponsible personal financial habits, I nevertheless pushed back against so obvious a ridiculous statement.  "Where had he heard or read this," I queried?  He was obviously taken aback and mumbled something about the NYT or Washington Post.

Later in the day, I researched the subject and found not a shred of evidence of any such outrageous contributions to Trump.  In point of fact, it turns out the Ms DeVos did not even support Trump until after the convention.

The point is, how did my friend fall victim to whatever sources he has for this obviously bad information?  And how has he become so comfortable believing it?

No comments: