Friday, May 13, 2022

235: Something Has To Give

After Sleepy Joe was elected and the Dems took control of our entire government (and our lives),  our rulers in Washington, D.C. decided to enact, by government fiat, what is called "human infrasturcture (HI)".   Before our rulers decided what HI actually was, they tossed around numbers that they wanted to spend.  First is was ten trillion dollars, then six, then three and a half, now about two.  It was never zero.  It was always trillions.  And it was always completely undefined.  And now the Republicans have bought into the con.  So it's off to the races.

Then there is the https://www.federalreserve.gov.   Since the beginning of the Covid Panic, the Fed has "purchased" about six trillion dollars of assets (bonds and mortgage backed securities, I guess).  When I "purchase" something, I need either cash or a credit card, and if I use the cc, I have to pay the card at the end of the month.  Evidently, the FED creates $120 billion every month with a key stroke.  If you or I did that we would be put in jail.  

Who received the benefits of the six trillion dollars our rulers created and spent?  I guess I got some - PPP money and my stock portflio has gone up 50% (of course it could also go down 50% tomorrow).  Lots of peope got paid not to work and they apparently liked it, because they are not going back to work.  Of course the really BIG money goes to...

No comments: