Saturday, October 17, 2009

Eighty Two: Back in Office

After five days away, including the weekend, arrived back in office this past Thursday. By the end of the day yesterday, it felt like I had been chained to my desk for a full week, not the paltry two days I actually was there. Real estate, bankruptcy, business formations, personal injury, divorce, Budget collections, not to mention personal portfolio management concumed all of my available time for business.

Then there was the Michael Breslin funeral, a very sad and sobering affair. While I am not personally close to the family, I do have connections and interests to wit: The decedent, Michael, who I never met, was the subject of a several conversations between Mike (the grandfather) and myself. Mike and I talked about both Michael and my son, Andy. Mike and I have been acquaintances in AA for almost twenty years, and he has been a frequent attendee at the Blahs (the Thursday night men's group I co-founded with Jack Hall) for the last couple of years. Michael's father, John, and I have also crossed paths for fifteen years in business and AA. And of course there is Sandi, Michael's mother, who has been performing (extremely well) of counsel duties for my firm. Whether she will continue in that role is uncertain.

Tonight we have a dinner party to attend at Vijitha and Svetlana's.

No comments: